The Internal Medicine Program is mindful of all ACGME and New York State work hours regulations. We do not assign 24 hour calls and instead, utilize short call and night float designations. All categorical residents will attend their continuity practice for one half day each week, except while on night float or vacation.
Our residents will be assigned to take part in performance improvement projects. We also stress the importance of the role of physicians as teachers and encourage all of our residents to participate in medical student and community education initiatives.
*Course scheduling is subject to change by the Program Coordinator. Please refer all program inquiries to the Program Coordinator.
General Core Competency Goals and Objectives of the Internal Medicine Program
1. Integration of the ACGME Core Competencies throughout the curriculum
2. Promote and foster an understanding of the Core Competencies to both faculty and resident
3. List the goals and objectives for each competency
4. Demonstrate graduated expectation and responsibility within each Competency
5. Utilize Milestones and other mechanisms to effectively measure Competencies
6. Collect performance data from each rotation
7. Utilize performance data to identify opportunities for improvement in resident, faculty and program performance
8. Design and implement corrective measures based on the opportunities of improvement which have been identified
The Core Competencies
The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) has established six core competencies which must be integrated into the Internal Medicine educational curriculum. We have designed our curriculum around these competencies, with the goal to train competent, compassionate, effective and efficient physicians.
Specialty Services Bariatric Surgery Behavioral Health Services Breast Care Cancer Care Cardiology Services Diagnostic ServicesElectroconvulsive TherapyEmergency ServicesGynecological Surgery Hernia CenterHope Center Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Interventional Radiology MaternityNeurosurgeryOutpatient ServicesPain ManagementPhysical Therapy Respiratory Therapy Services Sleep Services Surgical Services Vascular SurgeryWestchester Orthopedic Center Woman’s HealthWound Healing
Facilities Andrus Pavilion Dobbs Ferry Pavilion ParkCare Pavilion Cochran School of Nursing
ST. JOHN'S MEDICAL GROUP